Many moms and dads or even families are in search of finding the best kids or children's books online for their young. Thousand of searches are performed over the internet on a regular and daily basis to find kids books, books for children, christian children books, or books for youth and teens. Finding the best books for your kids does not have to be a complicated process and this article will help you to discover where to find the best ones.
So what makes a good or even great books for kids? Here are at least five points that I have personally observed and recently learned to be true as a writer and illustrator of several children's books myself.
- Great Pictures is an absolute MUST. However, I have discovered that simple illustrated story books tend to hold the child's attention span over the long haul more than the fanciful ones. Simple really can be sensational for kids who are generally not high maintenance where a great book is concerned.
- Colorful books. These are great for kids, because children and youth love and are enamored by a wide variety of colors masterfully pieced and placed together. Black and white pictures make for great coloring books and are acceptable for some story books, but colored books win out on this one and appear to make for a much better kid's story book due to eye-catching COLORS.
- Not overly cluttered with graphics, cartoons or artwork. I believe that children tend to get lost in the scenery in these type of books, and tend to enjoy them a lot less, because they can not seem to connect the pictures and the text together.
- Overly excessive computerized artwork is not necessary to impress young minds. Although, computerized pictures are an asset and can be appealing to the eyes and in story-telling, it is not a mandate to win the hearts of children by overdoing it with all of the glitz and pomp.
- Well-written. This is perhaps the first or at least the second most essential aspect with pictures that makes for great storybook for kids. Writing in a language, manner, and style, depending on the age classification, that children can follow along with, will determine if the book will become a FAVORITE or not. I have found that writing in poetic rhyme and prose when storytelling has made for many great children's books. Why? Because, most if not ALL kids enjoy language that rhymes.
So if you have been in search of great kids books for children and youth, you do not have to look far to find a place on the internet where its material exhibits the five characteristics listed above. The pictures are rather exceptional and unique. They are hand-illustrated with a focus on colors and detail and are not overly cluttered. With these particular books, there is minimal computer work applied, except for DPI and patterns. Perhaps, one of the most important reasons that these books can be classified as some of the BEST in my opinion is because they are exceptionally and well written. For they each contain a beautiful and unique message, some spiritual and fictitious, depending on the overall theme of the particular book. Furthermore, for many kids and young adults who are now proud owners of these lovely books, they have become and all time FAVORITE and BELOVED KEEPSAKE.