The young webmaster in terms of years of experience should take into consideration the elements which helped in growth of the giants in the industry such as Google, Facebook, EzineArticles and others. For the people who want to become professional web masters must know that the major deciding factor for success is their degree of passion for web site management. It is passion that can make you formidable against stress associated with this field. Either you make it big or you out of business. There is no middle ground here.
A quick look at some elements to become a successful webmaster:
- Good Domain name: This should represent what services and products you offer and nothing more.
- Reliable Hosting plan: You can start with shared hosting plan and then grow to a dedicated hosting plan.
- Working Financial plan: Develop a plan of how much you want to spend, and the expected income. Create a feasible budget for site maintenance, purchase of needed software, and subscription to other necessary services.
- Workstation with state-of-art technology: A simple laptop with 60GB Hard drive, 1.5GB Memory, 2Hz processor, and auto update anti-virus software, will give you a fine start. Later expand with special type of computers known as workstations (UNIX and Windows NT). Always upgrade to more modern technology to give you a place in the competition.
- Staff recruitment and remuneration: When your business begins to grow you need capable hands to manage it. You can choose to employ people as staff or on contract terms. Also, you can do this totally free by out-souring your resources.
- Personal Development: Try as much as possible to flow with the trend and changes in the field. It may be stressful to keep up to date on the latest development, but it sure pays. Perfection is the key. What you know, know it well.
I as a webmaster currently working with HTML and PHP. My primary concern is to be the best in what I do without stress.